Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) Website
Who may apply
You may apply for the DARS vocational rehabilitation program if:
· You are legally eligible to work in the United States,
· You have a physical, mental, or emotional disability,
· The disability keeps you from finding or keeping a job,
· You are willing and able to work and you think our services can help you, and
· You are in the state (living in, working in, or moving to Virginia).
If you receive Social Security Disability (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and you want to work, you already meet the first three criteria. However, you do not have to be receiving SSDI or SSI to apply. If you think you have a disability, but have never been diagnosed, you may apply.
DARS Vocational Rehabilitation Program helps people with disabilities get ready for, find, and keep a job. The Vocational Rehabilitation Program is an eligibility program, not an entitlement program. Decisions about eligibility and necessary services are made on a case-by-case basis.
Supported EmploymentDARS may provide supported employment or job coach training services, if appropriate and with agreement of their DARS counselor. All of the Employment Services Organizations that provide supported employment and job coaching services are CARF accredited to ensure that our mutual consumers are receiving quality services.Type the text here